After the network issued a statement indicating he will return next week, fans of Fox News Channel Host Sean Hannity are celebrating today.

“Like the rest of the country, Sean Hannity is taking a vacation for Memorial Day weekend and will be back on Tuesday,” the 21st Century Fox-owned network said in a statement. “Those who suggest otherwise are going to look foolish.”

But as long as there is an advertiser boycott driven by Left-wing Media Matters for America, Hannity supporters at a newly-formed group called #StopTheScalpings are skeptical.

“There is something happening here other than the Hannity / O’Reilly/ Fox News fiasco. It is a concentrated effort by the left to silence and put out of business those who not only oppose them, but to eliminate their media access to an audience. Rush and others have withstood the onslaught via their radio audience. Hannity and O’Reilly will, too. CRTV to the rescue? Maybe OAN? Time will tell, it’s all up to those who believe in truth in news,” said Mike Avery, a member of STS.  

Internet bloggers, left-wing activists, monied Clinton/Obama supporters are engaged in the effort to see if the Media Matters for America boycott of FNC’s advertisers will work. So far, five advertisers have cancelled contracts, but thousands of committed activists have struck back at Cars.com, USAA Insurance, Leesa, and the other companies that have pulled out. 

StopTheScalpings Site organizer Jean Thomas says, “let’s get this party started. We are forming committees, and breaking up lists of hundreds of Hannity supporters. And we are contacting each and every advertiser. We’ll call them all to let them know we #StandWithSean.”

Comments