Not long after Illegal alien Jose Ines Garcia Zarate was found not guilty last week for killing Kate Steinle, much of the nation was in disbelief over the ruling.

According to Fox News, the Department of Justice filed a new set of immigration and weapon charges Friday against Zarate.

“A federal grand jury indicted Jose Inez Garcia-Zarate today for being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, and for being an illegally present alien in possession of a firearm and ammunition,” a statement from DOJ read.

Each new charge from the DOJ carries a maximum penalty of ten years in prison.

Zarate was acquitted on charges of first and second degree murder and involuntary manslaughter last Thursday. The San Francisco jury also found him not guilty on charges of assault with a semi-automatic weapon.

He was only found guilty for possessing a firearm as a felon.

Steinle, 32, was shot and killed by Zarate on July 1, 2015 when she was walking with her father and a family friend on a pier in San Francisco. She died in her fathers arms, a moment that was life changing for his family.

The gun used by Zarate reportedly belonged to a federal Bureau of Land Management ranger, where officials believe it was stolen from his parked vehicle a week prior to the shooting.

When Zarate shot the gun, the bullet ricocheted off the pier’s concrete walkway and struck Steinle, killing her. Zarate admitted he shot the gun that killed Steinle, but claimed it was an accident.

Zarate had been only been released from jail for roughly three months before the shooting, despite a request by federal immigration officials to detain him for deportation.

After Zarate’s acquittal last week, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said it planned to capture Zarate and have him deported when his case concluded.

“San Francisco’s policy of refusing to honor ICE detainers is a blatant threat to public safety and undermines the rule of law. This tragedy could have been prevented if San Francisco had turned the alien over to ICE, as we requested, instead of releasing him back onto the streets,” ICE Deputy Director Tom Homan said.

With the DOJ filing new charges, one can only hope a grand jury will find him guilty on many of the charges the liberal San Francisco jury did not.

The Steinle murder and verdict has fueled President Donald Trump’s continued calls for a wall along our southern border, a continued crackdown on illegal immigration, and ending sanctuary cities in the U.S. like San Francisco.

The seven-time convicted felon and five-time deportee was allowed by the Obama administration to reenter the country at all, which cost an innocent American her life.

*** To support the Media Equality Project, and our ongoing effort to fight back, click here ***

To Join StopTheScalpings, a Facebook group also dedicated to fighting back, click here.

Comments